Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Learning to Shine Light In Darkness

Ever find your self out at night when it's pitch dark and wonder what it was like in the beginning before God created light? Back when darkness covered the deep and nothing had yet been created; with only the Spirit of God hovering over the deep as noted in Genesis 1:2 NKJV,"The earth was without form and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters." I wonder what it was like, no light anywhere, just total darkness as the Spirit was hovering over the darkness.
I wonder if He anticipated what was about to happen? It reminds me that we were once covered in the darkness of our sins as the Spirit of God hovered over us, stirring us within; how He must have been anxiously waiting, lingering so close at hand, anticipating the second we would finally realize His presence and ask Him to shine forth His light in the midst of our darkness! I can only imagine how excited He was when we finally welcomed Jesus into our heart as Lord and Savior and our darkness suddenly became Light. What a celebration began in the heavenly realms as even the angels rejoiced! So amazing to consider the love He has for us!
He loves me so much that I would never want to live life without Him in it; to feel His eyes watching over me, anxiously waiting for the perfect time to bring His plans to pass in my life. He cares about every little thing I do; and even when I mess things up and things look really bad, He has a way of turning it around for my good; performing incredible works needed within my life to make me the best that I can be. What an amazing God we serve that He even sent His Spirit to abide within us. I am forever amazed at how He encourages me, empowers me, teaches me, and comforts me; bringing such peace to my soul with full assurance that I am never alone!
While darkness may attempt to keep us from seeing clearly and temporarily diminish our view, Holy Spirit rises up from deep within and shines His light around us and the darkness is gone. You see there is no darkness in Him at all (1 John 1:5), and when He abides within us we walk no longer in darkness but in the fullness of His Light. Jesus tried to express the importance of Holy Spirit to His followers, but it was difficult for them to understand because The Light was right there talking with them. How could the Spirit do all Jesus said It would do with Him still present in this world? But in reality, from the very beginning when God spoke the Word, the Spirit performed whatsoever Word was Spoken! God the Father, Jesus the Word, and Holy Spirit; The Godhead-All three in One, forever and ever! Such a mystery and yet So True! Jesus is the Light!
I pray you will allow Him to light your pathway so you can enjoy the beauty of all God has created just for you. Holy Spirit is hovering over your darkness and anxiously waits to meet your needs any time of day or night. If you will ask Him in, He can make a way where there seems to be no way! Trust Him to shine His light upon your darkness so you can enjoy a wonderfully blessed life. God loves you and so do I~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment