Monday, October 8, 2018

Letting Your Light Shine

Good morning! Just wanted to send you a smile and share a ray of Son-shine with you this morning. I love to see someone smile at me; just can't help but smile right back and allow His Light to spring forth from deep within my spirit. My little light becomes brighter and brighter the more I smile and see those smiles radiating back at me throughout my day. Just can't help but let my little light shine.
I remember from childhood the little song, "This little light of mine", and how we as Gleaners (children's church group) would sing before the audience and do motions with our hands as we let our little lights shine. We could see how it touched those who heard as those who weren't smiling before, began smiling brightly as we held out our little light(finger) in front of us and began to sing, "This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine; this little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine; this little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine; let it shine, let it shine, let it shine. Won't let satan blow it out, I'm gonna let it shine (blowing toward our finger light); won't let satan blow it out, I'm gonna let it shine; won't let satan blow it out, I'm gonna let it shine; let it shine, let it shine, let it shine. Let it shine til Jesus comes, I'm gonna let it shine (holdng our finger light up way high), let it shine til Jesus comes, I'm gonna let it shine; Let it shine til Jesus comes, I'm gonna let it shine, let it shine, let it shine, let it shine!" 
The more we sang the more they smiled and although this little song is usually considered a children's song, it could very easily be the greatest conditioning song for an encouraging message to people of all ages. Jesus taught His followers in Matthew 5:16 "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven." He encouraged us to not hide our light, but to let it shine forth in the darkness, giving hope and guidance to those lost in darkness; and the time is now that we need to be that light shining in the darkness so others can see that calm enlightening presence of God's love within us. It's surprising what a difference one little light can make in a vast darkness where people are searching for a way out of hopeless situations; but they have no light to show them the way.
So are you letting your light shine? 
One little match lit in a darkened room shines enough light for others to move quickly from the darkness into the light;and you hold that little match deep within you and Jesus is the Light! So let's strike that match and let our little light to shine so others can see the Light from within us and want to know the Hope that lights our way (1 Peter 3:15). You and I hold the key to those around us having a blessed day and seeing the Light within us today and always; so let's shine for Jesus as we enjoy a wonderfully blessed day! God loves you and so do I~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment