Sunday, December 18, 2016

Trust The Great I Am

Listening to the rain falling this morning, I'm reminded of this treasured passage that I have come to adhere to on a daily basis: Proverbs 3:5,6 "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." From early childhood, I've known the Bible to be true, always believed on the Trinity God (God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit) and tried to abide by the Word of God in my everyday life; but in this last decade of my life, I realize that while reading the Word and even quoting the Word, I had never really ingested the Word into my life; so I began a quest to capture the Word and make it REAL in every aspect of my life. Even tho we say 'we believe on the Word', and we say 'we abide by the commandments in the Word'; I wonder how many of us really do adhere to the Word, ingest the Word, and digest the Word; allowing It to come alive within us.
I have found there is a huge difference in reading the Word, knowing the Word, and allowing the Word to come alive within you. The more Word you take in, the more you will begin to feel the Word come alive within you and hear Holy Spirit's lead within your life; even though you may not understand the path He is taking you on. But when you follow His lead-- WOW! what a difference it will make within! Scripture states "And you will know the truth and the truth will make you free"(John 8:32), bringing about the Freedom to be ALL He predestined you to be! What a fabulous treasure hunt to be on following His lead!
What an impact He is having on me personally! While searching for answers, and desiring to be whole in mind, soul and body; I laid aside my 'routine life'; and dedicated time to really search for Him and seek His face with my whole heart. As I took in Jeremiah 29:13 and Deuteronomy 4:29, I found He was there all the time; waiting for me to allow Him to change the directions of my life and thinking. To each of us He gives the ability to choose and with that ability I chose to submit to His perfect will in my life, not my will, but His perfect will; and He is leading me far above anything I could have ever imagined possible; healing my body, repairing my brokenness, turning sorrow into joy, filling my heart with such happiness, and reviving my soul from deep within. I am a new creation, free from the past and excited about my future. Day by day, I exalt Him and give Him praise for the continued work He is doing within my heart, soul, mind and body; and I pray that you too, will find the joy and peace that only He can instill within. May your day be wonderfully blessed, dear friends, as you realize that God truly loves you and so do I~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment