Friday, September 21, 2018

Releasing Control

Everyone has those times when life seems to literally knock you off your feet; and in the past couple months I have endured so many losses, struggled through so many trials, and had to just stop my norm and take time to regroup. I have found that it's during these times that I'm eternally grateful to have God with me, working within me, bringing comfort and peace so I can just curl up in His arms and allow Him to catch my tears and love me back to life in Him.
Such a Faithful Loving Father, He is always right there anticipating my fall and ready to catch me as He tenderly scoops me up close to His chest and brings comfort and peace so I can make it through. It's in these quiet times; lying close to His chest; wrapped snuggly in His loving arms; that I'm able to release all my cares into His keeping; as the tears continue to fall our conversation gets in no hurry while He reassuringly sets my mind to ease.
Seems this year I've been on life's roller coaster and before I could catch my breath from one episode, another one would occur. Didn't matter if it was uphill or downhill the speed my life was going was much faster than I could handle and that's when I knew Jesus had to take the wheel. My driving was too inadequate for times like these and all my doing got me no where; but with my allowing Him to take full control, I knew I could make it because He never fails!
Having been a caregiver all my life had brought on a control issue that made it difficult for me to ask for help or allow others to help during times I really needed them; simply because I didn't want to appear weak, so I'd suck it up and try to punt until I could make it better. But sooner or later, life had a way of making me deal with reality and it hasn't always been pleasant. I found that sometimes you just have to see life the way it really is; you have to accept people the way they really are; and you have to stop trying to make everything or everyone be the way you think they should be. Now to a control freak like me, this was not easy to say the least.
Having been the oldest daughter in a very large family, I'd always had an issue of trying to make sure everyone was okay and making sure what was needed was done right, and just trying to take care of our little ones. But as I've grown older and everyone has gone their own way, I find myself feeling alone; and a desire to have someone who would love to take care of me for a change. I no longer feel the need to be in charge, to be in control of every thing, and how I would love to have some one want to make life better, without my telling them how or when to do it; but that I could just let the chips fall where they may. In this stage of my life, I just want to enjoy the life God has given me, just the way it is; the good, the bad, and the ugly! And I've come to understand why Jesus had to go away so the Comforter could come and dwell within each of us. He makes my life better, without me having to say a word, and now I let the chips fall where they may, because I know He is now in control and has my Best interest at heart.
I'm coming to understand why Jesus taught His followers in Matthew 6:25-33 to stop worrying so much about the issues of this life. By example He told them to look at the birds of the air who never sow, nor reap, nor store up provisions for later days; and the lilies of the field, how they never toil nor spin and yet there was none adorned as fair as them. He encouraged them to just take care of what truly matters today; Seeking first the Kingdom and His righteousness and then God would supply everything else needed by His watchful care. We only have one life and it will soon be passed; and losing loved ones makes it all too surreal that only what's done for Christ will last!
So that's what I'm doing and why I'm sharing with you that when life tries to knock you down, don't expect to fall if you have committed your life to Jesus Christ. Rest assured that He will be right there at that split second to catch you in His loving arms and restore you until you can continue standing again on His promises. And you won't be standing alone; because He is always present! He is God our Healer, our Deliverer, our Refuge, our Comfort, our Peace; All we will ever need HE IS! You and I can Rest in Him, because He has us covered in the Palm of His Hands!
Enjoy the Majesty of It All and Be Blessed, dear friends. God Loves You and So Do I~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment