Monday, April 5, 2021

Jesus Ascends

 Jesus was preparing His followers for His ascension back into Heaven even before His crucifixion, death, and resurrection. He told them in John 14:1-3,"Let not your hearts be troubled, you believe in God, believe also in Me. In my Father's house are many mansions, if it were not true I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you; and if I go to prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you unto Myself; that where I am, there you may be also."


He reassures them in John 15:15-19, "If you love Me, keep My commandments; and I will pray the Father and He will give you another Comforter that He may abide with you forever--even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because they neither see Him or know Him; but you know Him for He dwells with you and will be in you. I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you. A little while longer and the world will see Me no more, but you will see Me. Because I live you will live also. At that day you will know that I am in my Father; and you in me and I in you."

We see Him continuing to reassure them that His departure was for the good of all His followers, and that He was not leaving them comfortless, but He was sending them another Teacher and Comforter as noted in John 16:12,13, “I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. But when He, the Spirit of truth comes, He will guide you into all the truth." and in v.33,“I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

He sees the anxiety of His followers so He prays for them and for us in John 17 a beautiful prayer I like to call "Jesus' Prayer" because He is praying to the Father on our behalf and then just as our Lord is ready to ascend back to the Father, He declares one more bit of assurance noted in Acts 1:8, "But ye shall receive power after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto Me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth."

And as they watched Him disappear into a cloud, the angels reassured them that the same Jesus they watched ascend would return in like manner! So they went into Jerusalem, into the upper room, and locked the door behind them and began to pray in one accord; waiting for the promise of Holy Spirit that would empower them for service as the Lord had instructed!

Salvation's Plan continues because the best is on it's way as Jesus promised to send back the Comforter who would never leave nor forsake His followers but would guide and teach them in the way they should go. So they waited in prayer and in one accord as the Best was on the way! Such a loving Saviour, Such a loving Lord, the Author and Finisher of the Word, Our Jesus!
Without a doubt, God loves you and so do I~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment