Saturday, November 11, 2017

Here I Am! Send Me!

I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?” Then I said, “Here I am! Send me.” Isaiah 6:8. As we celebrate Veterans Day weekend, I think of the multiple thousands who have so valiantly said these words, and how multiple thousands never reaped the harvest of their labor on those battlefields but yet you and I are free today because of their willing spirit to go and fight the war for our freedom today. 
Soldiers on the battlefields often slept sitting upright back to back with another trusted soldier so they would not be caught off guard and overtaken through the night. Their ears became sharpened to hear footsteps and movements coming their way from the enemy forces and they knew it was a fight to the finish if freedom was to be won. 
I remember as children how we would anxiously raise our hands and shout out, "Pick me, Pick me" as sides were chosen for certain activities in school and how our volunteer spirit was so abundant and free as we cheered others on as well. That volunteer spirit is needed much the same today as Holy Spirit seeks willing individuals to battle the good fight of faith against the evils of this world that are so prevalent and seeking to destroy all we hold dear.
Where is your volunteer spirit today? Do you have the willingness to defend the cause of Jesus Christ and lead others to freedom in Him? Are you ready to fight spiritual warfare for those you hold dear? To pledge your allegiance to what you believe and value as morally and spiritually right? Do you have your armor on as Paul advises in Ephesians 6:10-20? Do you have the Word ingested deep within so nothing can steal it away? 
The war continues and souls are dying on the battlefields. I thank God for those veterans who have fought in the past and those who willingly continue to fight today so you and I can be free from oppressions that come our way! The battle continues today; not only in the field, but also in the battlefield of our mind. Will you be a willing individual who will raise their hand and say, "Here I am! Send me!" Just something to think about!
Have a wonderfully blessed weekend dear friend. God loves you and so do I~~

No comments:

Post a Comment