Thursday, November 16, 2017

Learning to Relax In His Presence

Today I find myself desiring to just get away, to lie back and relax in the presence of the Almighty; wanting some alone time, just me and Him. But why would I feel the need to get away? Why would I feel the need to go somewhere for this alone time when I know He watches over me wherever I am? Could it be this world is going faster than I can keep up with? Or could it be that I'm allowing life's cares to boggle my mind? Life is definitely a mind game!
When I stop and think about it, the one thing I am positively sure of; is that it doesn't matter where I am or what state of mind I'm in; I know that God is with me and I'm never alone. So today I will lay aside my cares and determine within my mind to just lie back and relax in God's presence! I will be thankful for all He has given that fills my days with life in this massive array of shapes, sizes, cares, and sounds. I will rest in knowing He has me in the palm of His hands; and I will enjoy the peace that only He can bring that everything will work out in His time, in His plan, and in His perfect way! I will rest in His sheltering arms and feel the security that comes from knowing I am His and He is mine!
Wouldn't you like to join me and pause a few minutes to rest during this day God has given? As we rest, I'm sure we will find 'something' to be grateful for; and as we realize that 'something to be grateful for', we will most assuredly find more than one something; we will find a magnitude of somethings to be grateful for! Then as we begin to realize those somethings, our heart will begin to fill with thanksgiving as we offer up praise with a grateful heart. Then our day will become a lot brighter and our load become a lot lighter and suddenly, we have ushered in the presence of the Lord with our thanksgiving!
So let's pause for just a few moments and relax in His presence today and be wonderfully blessed. God loves you and so do I~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment