Monday, April 16, 2018

Casting Our Anchor

Thinking on the message Pastor brought yesterday regarding our need for an Anchor in these perilous times as spiritual storms rage against us, and the need to know that it is in Christ Jesus that our Anchor Holds Firmly in Place; Dottie Rambo's song came to mind and I'd like to share it with you. 
"Where do I go when there's nobody else to turn to? Who do I talk to when nobody wants to listen? Who do I lean on when there's no foundation stable? I go to the Rock, I know He's able, I go to the Rock. Where do I hide 'til the storms have all passed over? Where do I run to when the winds of sorrow threaten? Is there a refuge in the time of tribulation? When my soul needs consolation, I go to the Rock. I go to the Rock of my salvation, I go to the Stone that the builders rejected, I run to the Mountain and the Mountain stands by me, When the earth all around me is sinking sand, On Christ, the Solid Rock, I stand, When I need a shelter, When I need a friend, I go to the Rock."  
We've all been advised to have an emergency plan and place of safety prepared for times of Severe Storms that come upon our homes, but more than ever is the need to have a place of safety and an Anchor for the spiritual storms that come our way when we least expect them. "In times like these, you need a Savior, In times like these, you need an Anchor, Be very sure, be very sure, your Anchor holds and grips the Solid Rock. This Rock is Jesus, Yes He's the One, This Rock is Jesus, the only One; Be very sure, be very sure, Your Anchor holds and grips the Solid Rock." 
It's in times like these we need an anchor; a good secure anchor. So we need Christ Jesus as our Rock, our Sure Foundation; then no matter what comes our way, He will be there to protect us as our Anchor Holds Firmly in Place. As our Lord and Savior, He is always present through our every storm; whether to listen, to wipe our tears, to love on us, to pick us up when we fall, or to carry us when the storm has hit us so hard we cannot stand; God is forever faithful. 
Jesus told His followers in John 16:33 that while they were in this world they would have tribulations(that troubles and storms would come their way) but He told them not to fear because He had overcome the world. When we battled the storms of life, one after another through the darkest of nights, and we feel so battered and worn that we cannot stand; and we just need a safe place to rest away from the storms; Jesus is there! He is there to secure us until the storm passes over. He is there to walk beside us, to work within us, to  empower us to be more than conquerors through the storm; and He is there with outstretched hands to hold us close to Him when we need rest from those storms. 
He is our Deliverer, our Protector, our Comforter, our Teacher, our Companion, and our Closest and Dearest Friend. He is a Friend Who gave His Life for you and for me to be Safely Anchored through life' storms. No one has ever cared for us like Jesus. He's a Savior in Whom we all can rely; and as we cast out our anchor through the storm, He will surely catch it and lead us safely Home!
I pray you have a wonderfully peaceful and blessed day knowing that God loves you; and so do I~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment