Saturday, June 17, 2017

Building Precious Memories

Hard to believe that 19 years ago June 17, 1998, at 11:15 in the morning, God called my precious Larry home. He was my childhood sweetheart which made my life really bittersweet without him in it, but with God's grace and years of adjustments, I am grateful to to see his charming personality and quirky humor in the lives of our family and to know his legacy lives on in our daughters, our grandsons and granddaughter, our extended families, and all those who knew and loved him so dearly. 
It's not about the wealth you obtain while passing through this earth that people remember; but the way you treat others that leaves that lasting impression long after you're gone, allowing those warm precious memories to help in times of despair.
Larry was born to be an over achiever in most anything he set his mind to. He was awesome in sports and excelled in them all. As he grew older, he loved to coach and even umpire the games. He liked hunting but absolutely loved fishing; He loved life and he loved people. He had this quirky jovial personality that made him determined to win people's friendship, no matter what. One of his favorites goals in life came while meeting someone who seemed backward or timid and wasn't joining in the fun, so he'd begin to aggravate them in such a way that finally, he would break through their tough exterior and bring forth a smile; and then a laugh, and maybe even a chuckle or two; and then he'd relax knowing his mission was accomplished and he had a new friend for life! 
Everyone that knew Larry learned to love this unique man who was absolutely charming; and even today, people still remember his jokes and fun-loving personality. Although he's gone from sight, he still remains alive and dearly loved in the hearts of all who knew him and It warms my heart to see him in our daughters and grandchildren as well. Today I still miss him but after years of healing, I now move forward in the life God predestined me to walk without Larry by my side. 
In the past couple years, I've come to develop a very dear and personal relationship with the Lord and the more I seek Him, the more real He becomes. Holy Spirit is my dearest companion and has filled the void within my life, while bringing comfort and peace within. I know that no matter what comes my way, God has me covered in the palm of His hands and He will never leave me; and that forever and always, I am His and He is mine throughout all eternity! 
So, today I walk hand in hand with Him every step of the way, through every moment of every day, and seek to fulfill the calling God has placed within my heart. He is the very air I breathe, the wind beneath my wings, the song that I sing, and the lover of my soul. With Him leading my way and providing all I need to accomplish the tasks before me; I know I can do all things through Christ Who strengthens me. I get excited watching His plans unfold before my very eyes, one plan at a time, one step at a time!
I pray that each of you will make time to enjoy and acknowledge your loved ones while they still walk alongside you. Life is filled with uncertainties and there is not one second promised to any of us; so enjoy Life to the fullest! Live well, Laugh often, and Love much! Be all you can for His glory sake, and Be blessed, God loves you and so do I~

No comments:

Post a Comment