Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Our Hope Rests In Christ Jesus, and Him Alone

"Soft as the voice of an angel, breathing a lesson unheard; Hope with a gently persuasion, whispers her comforting word, "wait til the darkness is over, wait til the tempest is gone; Hope for the sunshine tomorrow, after the shower is gone;
Whispering Hope, Oh how welcome thy voice, making my heart in its sorrow rejoice."
Without Hope, where would we be? Without Hope, life would certainly beat us down with all its trials, sorrows and debilitating worries. But Hope is found in God's Word of reassurance as in Jeremiah 29:11, "For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you; plans to give you hope and a future." and Psalm 32:3, "But You, Lord, are a shield around me; my glory, the One who lifts my head high." and Isaiah 41:10, "Fear not for I am with you; Be not dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you; Yes, I will help you; I will uphold you with My righteous right hand."
Without Hope, the blind man sitting by the wayside, crying out for Jesus to heal him as He passed by; would have never regained his sight; but the persistant hope within him allowed Jesus to heal his sight(Luke 18:35-43). Hope brings forth Deliverance in Jesus' name! Hope that all is not lost! Hope that just one touch of the Master's hand can set us Free! Hope that all sickness and disease, all bondage and shame, are all irradicated and we are set free, in Jesus' name! Hope brings forth Salvation with Life Eternal through His Holy Name!
In Romans 5:1-5, Hope is acquired as we persevere through trials and tribulations; "Therefore having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ; through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in Hope of the glory of God. And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, HOPE! Now hope does not disappoint, because the Love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us."
In Christ alone, my Hope is found; He is my Light, my Strength, my Song; my Cornerstone, my Firm Foundation; on Christ the solid Rock I stand. What heights of Love, what depths of Peace; through Christ, my Lord, all strivings cease. He is my Comforter when sorrows come; Here in the Love of Christ I humbly bow. And yet He comes with Hands outstretched, to cradle me close to His breast; and in this Hope, this precious Hope; I know I'm His, and He is mine! In the Hope of Christ Jesus and His redeeming power, I receive Holy Spirit to dwell within; to lead and to guide, to comfort and remind; that it's all in Him, and Him alone; so I rest assured, as Deliverance comes!
It's Not by our might, nor by our power, nor by anything we have ever done or could ever do; but Deliverance comes through Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior! The power of Hope now rests in Him!
So rejoice in the Hope of Christ Jesus and have a wonderfully blessed day, dear friends. God loves you and so do I~~



No comments:

Post a Comment