Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Have You Unwrapped Your Gifts Today

Today I'm caught up in wonder of why anyone would be sent a gift, postage paid and free of charge, and neglect to open it and see what it contains. If for no other reason than pure curiosity, I would have to open it up, and take a good look at it to see what's inside. Just knowing that someone cared enough to send me a gift, telling me beforehand to look and wait for it; would make me want to know more about it when it arrived. But having been told by the Sender Himself, would make me anxious for its arrival, and yet so many have chosen to ignore Its specialty and are suffering for lack of opening it up and receiving this gift unto themselves.
Jesus told His followers that when He went away He was going to send them a gift,"Holy Spirit", totally postage free with no strings attached; except to take and receive it by His grace. And they were told this gift was very necessary for their well being: that it would comfort them, teach them, guide them, and empower them! WOW, What a Gift! And it continues to be sent today to every believer everywhere; not just a select few; if only we will take it unto our self! 
So why do we neglect to acknowledge so great a gift when Jesus taught how much we really needed It? John 16:7 and then in John 14:26 tells them, "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, He shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you". Jesus knew we would face situations in life where we would need divine intervention and divine wisdom so He sent us the unseen gift of Holy Spirit to live within each of us and direct us as we journey through life. Holy Spirit is our teacher, our guide, our comforter, our protector, our companion, and our empowering strength along life's pathway, if only we receive Him into our lives. There is no problem too big for Him and nothing ever lost that cannot be found; if only we take time to talk with Him and then listen to His guidance.
I know in my own life, I find He cares about the smallest of our cares. There have been many times that I misplaced things I really needed; and after searching and searching I would give up and sit down, totally frustrated to the point of tears, and then as I cried out, "Lord, help me find this," and in that still quiet moment; I would feel impressed to look in a certain spot or my eyes would fall upon a certain area and there it was. Made me wonder why I hadn't asked for His help to start with to prevent a lot of unnecessary stress. But like so many, I was too busy running about trying to make things happen in my own time, doing things my way; instead of being aware of This Amazing Gift within me.
This unseen gift, Holy Spirit, literally becomes alive within us. He knows the mind of God and will always do the Father's will, so He never leads us down the wrong path or gives wrong instructions. God wants only the BEST for each of us and in our darkest hours He is always right there working within us, to comfort and bring us peace and guidance as only He does best. He knows every burden we carry and every fear we face. He knows our strengths and He knows our weaknesses; and He gives what is needed so we can be our Best for the good of all concerned. 
God designed everything we would ever need if we will just use the Gifts He provides, and Holy Spirit gives the ability to accomplish all things necessary for an abundant life filled with joy and peace as we acknowledge Him in our life. It's His will that we be joyful and prosperous; not stressful and in need. But just as all man-made things come with an instruction manual, God's creation of man comes with an instruction manual called the Bible!  As we read and adhere to its instructions, It describes who we are, what we were made for, and how to get the best use possible; but just as with any product, we cannot hold the Creator responsible if we fail to adhere to The Owner's instructions! 
God so loved His creations that He gave us a part of Him in His Son Jesus; And Jesus so loved all of us that He gave us a part of Him and His Father in Holy Spirit; And Holy Spirit loves us so much that as we read the instruction manual God gave, He will bring to light what is needed to gain the Best results out of life! God Loves us all with a Love Beyond Measure and wants Only the Best for our lives; but the choice is ours! We can choose to believe and receive God's precious gift of His Son Jesus as our Redeemer, and we can choose to receive their gift of Holy Spirit as our Companion and Guide; or we can choose to not believe and continue to live a life filled with sin, doubt, and confusion. The choice is ours and God will not force any of us to believe and receive His gifts. 
So my question to you today is this, "Are you going to open your gifts today?" I pray you choose wisely and come to know the joy enclosed in these precious gifts. I pray you choose Jesus as your Lord and Savior, and choose Holy Spirit as your Lifetime Companion. I know if you choose to receive Them, you will be filled with peace beyond measure as you learn their value day by day, and being filled with Godly wisdom, you enjoy a life filled with so much Love and Joy that others see Jesus in you. I pray that you be wonderfully blessed, dear friends, because God loves you and so do I~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment