Wednesday, September 6, 2017

IN THE EYE OF THE STORM

When the solid ground is falling out from underneath my feet; Between the black skies and my red eyes, I can barely see; When I realize I've been sold out by my friends and my family; I can feel the rain reminding me. In the eye of the storm, You remain in control; In the middle of the war, You guard my soul; You alone are the anchor, when my sails are torn; Your love surrounds me In the eye of the storm. When my hopes and dreams are far from me and I'm running out of faith; I see the future I pictured slowly fade away; and when the tears of pain and heartache are pouring down my face, I find my peace in Jesus' name. 
In the eye of the storm You remain in control; in the middle of the war You guard my soul; You alone are the anchor, When my sails are torn; Your love surrounds me In the eye of the storm. When the tests come in and the doctor says I've only got a few months left; It's like a bitter pill I'm swallowing, I can barely take a breath; And when addiction steals my baby girl, and there's nothing I can do; My only hope is to trust in You; I trust You, Lord. In the eye of the storm, You remain in control; In the middle of the war, You guard my soul, You alone are the anchor when my sails are torn; Your love surrounds me in the eye of the storm.
With all the fear and anxiety building from the hurricane season and uncontrolled fires blazing out of control, the lyrics to this song by Ryan Stevenson hold a constant reminder that no matter what is going on around us; no matter how bad conditions are; no matter how devastated we feel, God remains in control. No matter what is going on or what we are going through, His Love surrounds us in the eye of the storm. 
There is Peace in the midst of every storm of life, and His name is JESUS! There is Hope in times of distress and His name Is JESUS! There is One who loves us unconditionally regardless of our creed, our color, or our worldly status, and His name is JESUS! Struggles of life will continue to take place as long as this world exists, but the Creator of All Heaven and Earth has already told us to fear not when tribulations come against us, because HE (JESUS) has already overcome them all. And because He overcame them all, we hold the power to become more than conquerors through Him who loves us and gave Himself for us, that we be free from all sins, fears, and anxiety as we trust in Him.
Beyond any shadow of doubt, His Love surrounds us, His Peace consoles us, His Comfort soothes us, and His arms are always stretched wide open, waiting to embrace us in the eye of every storm we encounter throughout this life. 
I pray you that you find Peace in the eye of your storm, knowing that He loves you beyond measure, and so do I~~~




No comments:

Post a Comment