Thursday, September 21, 2017

Knocked Down

Everyone has those times when life seems to literally knock you off your feet; and in the past couple months I have endured so many losses, struggled through so many trials, and had to just stop my norm and take time to regroup. I find that it's during these times that I'm eternally grateful to have God with me, working within me, bringing comfort and peace so I can curl up in His arms and allow Him to catch my tears and love me back to life in Him.
Like a Faithful Loving Father, He is always right there anticipating my fall and ready to catch me as He tenderly scoops me close to His chest and brings comfort and peace so I can make it through. It's in these quiet times, lying close to His chest; wrapped snuggly in His loving arms, that I'm able to release all my cares into His keeping; as tears continue to fall our conversation gets in no hurry while He reassuringly sets my mind to ease.
Since June I seem to have been on life's roller coaster and before I could catch my breath another ride would occur. Didn't matter if it was uphill or downhill the speed life was going was much more than I could handle so that's when I knew Jesus had to take the wheel. My driving was inadequate for times like these and got me no where; but allowing Him to take full control, I knew I would make it because He never fails!
Being a caregiver all my life had brought on a control issue that makes it difficult to allow others to help during times when you really need someone to help but because you don't want to appear weak, you suck it up and try to punt until you can make it all better. But life has a way of making you deal with reality and it isn't always pleasant. Sometimes you just have to see life the way it really is; you have to accept people the way they really are; and stop trying to make everything or everyone the way you think it should be.
Now to a control freak this is not easy to say the least; and I've always had an issue of trying to be in control; and I know my family will testify to that fact. But I have found that the older I get and the more alone I feel, the less I really want to be in control, and would love to have someone to take the wheel and help make life better, without my telling them how or when to do it; but just let the chips fall where they may. In this stage of my life, I just want to enjoy the life God has given as it is, just the way it is; the good, the bad, and the ugly!  
I'm coming to understand why Jesus taught His followers in Matthew 6:25-33 to stop worrying so much about the issues of this life. By example He told them to look at the birds of the air who never sow, nor reap, nor store up provisions for later days; and the lilies of the field, how they never toil nor spin and yet there was none adorned as fair as them. He encouraged them to just take care of what truly matters; Seeking first the Kingdom and His righteousness and then God would supply everything else needed by His watchful care. We only have one life and it will soon be passed; and losing loved ones makes it all too surreal that only what's done for Christ will last!
So that's what I'm doing and why I'm sharing with you that when life tries to knock you down, don't expect to fall if you have committed your life to Jesus Christ. Rest assured that He will be right there at that split second to catch you in His loving arms and restore you until you can continue standing again on His promises. And you won't be standing alone because He is ever present! He is God our Healer, our Deliverer, our Refuge, our Comfort, our Peace; All we will ever need HE IS! We can Rest in Him, because He has us covered in the Palm of His Hands!
Enjoy the Majesty of It All and Be Blessed. God Loves You and So Do I~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment