Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Today's Stumbling Block...Tomorrow's Stepping Stones

As I was walking around our complex last evening, I felt the wonderful peace of God as cool breezes blew against my face and the smell of honeysuckles filled the air. Peace flooded throughout my soul with a calm assurance knowing He is with me; that no matter where I go, no matter time of day or night; God is with me and I am never alone; I am His and He is mine, forevermore.
The awesomeness of His promises remind me, "He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty; I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust." Psalm 91:1,2. What calming assurance to know in Whom I believe and trust that with every trial, He is leading me to a higher place of rest in Him.
I find it amazing how the challenges of life we face today help create the person we become tomorrow. I'm reminded of an old saying, "Faith makes yesterday a stepping stone, today a new beginning, and tomorrow a limitless possibility!" And what truth it holds; The building of our tomorrow, begins with what we do and how we handle life changing circumstances today. Our success in overcoming lies in 2 things: In What do we base our faith? and, In Whom do we put our trust?
We all experience times when life throws us some mighty big punches with a lot of curve balls along our way that have literally knocked us off our feet; but having a secured safety net helped to catch us when we fell. Falling into the arms of a Living God when we lost our balance; or when we are unable to stand; was a measure beyond words, to me. When the pressures of life steam on and times get rough; knowing that the Lord is with us and will work the bad things for our good, seems to give us the perseverance and determination we need to be an over comer. Knowing that it is during these rough times that He refines us; grinding off rough edges; buffing out the dullness; until finally we are made perfect in Him; as He makes a diamond out of us! A diamond that shines forth in the midst of darkness; that sparkles in the noon day; whose rays burst forth as the sun(Son) beams down upon it, adding luster and bringing glory to the kingdom of God.
Remembering Whose you are, What you are, and in Whom you trust; allows the joy of the Lord to arise and shine forth in the midst of it all. Having the Word deep within us, allows it to spring forth in times like these; bringing that calm assurance in knowing Who and What we are, through Christ Jesus!
One of the biggest sources of inspiration I know, comes from the person we see in the mirror every day, You! Christ in You, the Hope of Glory. As we take in the Word, Holy Spirit brings divine knowledge to us, allowing us to draw strength from the Word in times of need. So Hold on to the Hope to which you are called; knowing that the trials of today become the launching pad that soars you to new heights tomorrow. Weeping may endure for the night, but joy comes in the morning! Praise God, Joy does come in the morning! So just keep holding on; knowing that today's stumbling blocks become tomorrow's stepping stones. Dare to be an over comer! Dare to soar to heights unknown through Christ Jesus!
Dare to Believe, and be Blessed, dear friends. God loves you and so do I~~~

1 comment: