Sunday, June 19, 2016

Celebrate Life

     Tonight I am filled with so many warm loving emotions and so thankful for all the love God has shown throughout my lifetime. This has been a weekend filled with mixed emotions as we've celebrated my husband and the Father of my three daughters' home-going anniversary Friday; and then we celebrated my grown daughter's birthday today and brought back such heartwarming memories as we removed her Strawberry Shortcake dolls from her cake; giggling as we licked the icing off them while reminiscing about way back when; and then also celebrated Fathers Day for those Dads who are so special and dear to us in so many ways.
     I have learned over the years that life is truly what you make of it; and with my multitude of precious family members and all my precious friends, I am so overwhelmed with gratitude and the greatest sense of satisfaction that I have not felt in such a very long time that I just want to go outside and shout to all who would hear, "I Love My Life!" I guess it's true that life gets sweeter as the days go by, or possibly in my case, as the years go by. But whatever it may be, I have thoroughly enjoyed this weekend and I find that I am thoroughly enjoying this life I now live; and yet it is not I, but Christ in me, the hope of glory; that leaves me with such a wonderful sense of satisfaction and unending peace.
     As you conclude your weekend, I hope you're able to look back over how you spent your time and find it was joyful because life can quickly pass you by. It's the little things we do that seem to really matter most: those moments you spend with someone baking, or making something, or just sitting around chatting and laughing about things that will be shared as a precious memory. Life was given to enjoy and to enjoy it in abundance, so don't allow life to pass you by as you open your eyes to a new day. Determine within yourself to enjoy life and to build precious memories with all those you encounter along life's way; one day at a time. And as you do, remember that God loves you-and so do I~~~



No comments:

Post a Comment