Tuesday, June 7, 2016

RUNNING THE RACE

Woke up early and while taking my morning walk around our complex I noticed our fast walkers up ahead and couldn't help but smile as the story of the tortoise and the hare came to mind. These ladies are fast walkers like the hare where I have to pace myself slow and easy like the tortoise, lol. But in my healing I have found that just taking my leisure walks, in my own pace and my own time, helps me finish the goal set before me for that day; while enjoying the journey along the way. Wisdom comes from past mistakes and I have learned that it's not about how quickly things are accomplished that make us overcomers; but that we continue to move forward, one step at a time; finishing the race set before us. 
Life is too short to worry about the little things like trying to measure up to mankind's standards. Peer pressure can only be imposed on those who allow it; and learning that early on in life can prevent a multitude of hurt, set backs, and loss of self esteem. No two people were created exactly alike in every thing and it seems that variety is meant to be the spice of life. It savors everything from fashion styles to the foods we eat, and is noticeable in everything we come in contact with; allowing us to see how unique things of life can be in our very own perspective. Variety is meant to be a good thing.... a very good thing! 
God created every thing with its own uniqueness; in a variety of sizes and colors from the flowers to the trees, to the birds of the air and the fish of the sea, to the greatest mammal or the smallest creature, to the majestic mountaintops or the lowlands of the earth; every thing was created in His beauty. Seeing all this and realizing God loves variety, let's slow down our pace and begin to enjoy this life God has given and finish our course in due season. Let's run the race set before us and enjoy life and all its pleasures along the way. And as you do, begin looking at 'You' as that unique individual God created and loves beyond measure; and as you run your race in your own pace, begin to feel His loving smile upon you in whatever you do. Have a wonderfully blessed day, dear friend. God loves you and so do I~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment