Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Step into the Water

    Sitting on my patio enjoying the cool breezes and rain falling against the drain post; remembering childhood times when we would sit on our front porch, bare feet hanging over the banisters,and let the rain hit against our feet. We chose how much or how little we wanted our feet, or toes, or even legs to get wet; just one of many wonderful childhood memories with my sisters and brothers. Even tho I didn't realize it back then, life is filled with both natural and spiritual rain; and God rains down both to bless our lives and meet not only our needs, but also the needs of others.  I'm reminded of an old song written by L.Kirk Talley years ago about stepping into the water and wading out a little bit deeper that reminds me of precious memories and it goes;
    "It's time we the people stand up for what is right; It's time we squared our shoulders back and raised our swords to fight; for the Bible is my weapon and the Spirit is my shield; The church needs more of its members to be workers in the field. Step into the water; wade out a little bit deeper; wet your feet in the waters of His love; step into the water, wade out a little bit deeper; come join angels singing praises to the Lamb of God. There is victory for the Christian who walks the narrow way; There has been a prize appointed for the soul that does not stray; Oh I want to live for Jesus and be all that I should be So that I can rest with Him forever to live eternally. Step into the water; wade out a little bit deeper; wet your feet in the waters of His love; step into the water; wade out a little bit deeper; come join angels singing praises to the Lamb of God."
    Although many groups sang and recorded Talley's words, I remember when the Benson family I went to church with many years ago, would sing this with such anointing that altars began to fill and lives were forever changed as many stepped out from their seats, wading a little bit deeper; not just getting their toes, feet, and legs wet; but allowing God's love to saturate their entire being with a really good soaking through and through; that changed their lives forever. I am so thankful God allows us to maintain and cherish these warm and loving memories from the past as we move forward into His fields that are ripened and ready to be harvested.
    Today is a new day filled with His fresh mercies and the heavenly rain continues to fall.....The waters are rising and deeper now than ever before. God is looking for workers in His fields who aren't afraid to wade out a little bit deeper in His love and with His love working through them to reach the lost and dying. Will you step out a little bit deeper into the waters of His love and be that vessel He can use? Think about it..... I pray you have a wonderfully blessed day. God loves you and so do I~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment