Thursday, October 5, 2017

Getting to Know God

Since God is no respecter of persons(Acts 10:34 and Rom 2:11), I love to personalize each scripture while inserting my name to the different phrases and allow them to come alive in my Spirit such as Psalms 103:1-5, "I will Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me, I will bless Your holy name! I will Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all Your benefits, You forgive all my iniquity, You heal all my diseases, You redeemed my life from the pit, You crown me with steadfast love and mercy, and satisfy me with good so that my youth is renewed like the eagle's".... and in Isaiah 40: 25-31, "To whom will I compare You, Lord...Or who is Your equal? I will lift my eyes and look to the heavens and say, "Lord, You created all these? You bring out the starry host one by one, and call them each by name. Because of Your great power and mighty strength, not one of them is missing. LORD, you are the Everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth, You do not grow tired or weary, and Your understanding no one can fathom. You give strength when I am weary and power when I am weak. Even tho I grow tired and weary, I will not stumble and fall; because I know my hope comes from You who will renew my strength. So I will soar on wings like eagles; I will run and not grow weary, I will walk and not be faint."... and when I'm sick in body I quote Isaiah 53:5, "But You were wounded for my transgressions, You were bruised for my iniquities: the chastisement of my peace was upon You, and with Your stripes I was healed."
Now some people become offended when they hear anyone paraphrasing the Word instead of reading the Word straight from the Bible as written for fear of the Lord, but when you know in Whom You believe and you personally know Jesus as your hope of salvation and you stand redeemed by the blood of the Lamb, then you know that Everything He says is true and being no respecter of persons, what He has done for one person recorded in His Word, He will do for you or me, because He loves each of us unconditionally and there is nothing we can do to make Him love any one of us more or less than the other; so we can fully rest upon His Word and trust Him with all our heart, all our soul, and all our mind. 
I am convinced that as I take upon myself the promises recorded in His Word, God is obligated to do the same for me as He did for anyone else as long as my faith is in Him and Him alone as I stand upon His written Word and trust Him to meet me right where I am; in whatever need I have; while walking the pathway of righteousness in Christ Jesus; and He is forever faithful~
I wonder how many of us really understand the greatness of our Creator with His divine love and all the immeasurable blessings He has provided for our well being. What blessed assurance we have in His promises from Genesis all the way through Revelation; but if we don't really ingest the Word into our spirit, we can't really meditate upon His precious promises. In good times and bad He watches over us, as Holy Spirit works within us to lead and guide us on the path of righteousness. Our loving God is Unchangeable, Unshakable, Unmovable, and Forever Faithful; He changes not! His Love holds no boundaries as He reaches down into the lowest low or up to the highest high to rescue one of His children. I pray that today you will allow His gracious Love to Engulf you, His Word to Enable you, and Holy Spirit to Empower you, as you walk in the fullness of His might, while enjoying all He has provided for you to live an abundant life in Christ Jesus. I pray you have a wonderfully blessed day, dear friends, because God loves you and so do I~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment