Monday, March 19, 2018

Seasons Come And Seasons Go

As I awakened to this final day of winter, I began to thank God for another day filled with fresh mercies and opportunities to show His love to those around me. One more day, one more time, one more opportunity to share His many talents He instilled within my life. One more time to do things time escaped and were left undone yesterday; and yet as I laid my head to rest last night, all was well because I had done my best for my precious Lord. So today I have one more time to bring Him glory, one more time to tell my family how much I love them, one more time to lend a helping hand, one more time to share the message of Hope to those around me, and let It begin to spring forth. 
Springtime is my favorite season of all; it's a time for new beginnings! A time for me to see dormant things come back to life so I can admire its beauty one more time. I love watching the seemingly dead trees beginning to bud out and the blooming trees put on their beautiful displays; the daffodils and the tulips and the dogwoods already springing forth showering beauty all around. There's just something magical watching the dead of winter become alive again with new growth, new blossoms, and new beauty for our eyes to behold. 
Ecclesiastes 3 tells us,"To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted; a time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; a time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away; a time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; a time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace." 
We are often too quick to read the first couple verses and then stop, but each verse connected in this passage holds such comforting hope as it addresses the many seasons in our life. It offers hope that although life has its dormant negative seasons; there is joy and positive seasons on their way just around the corner; there is Hope if we just hold on and don't lose faith! The times of refreshing are at hand and a new season is upon us! Our very next morning will not only usher in fresh mercies, but a fresh season filled with joyful beauty blooming all around us! 
Springtime holds new life that comes bursting forth; brings a new hope that in due season, things that once hindered and caused us dismay, shall pass away; making room for a brighter day and a better way. God promises to walk with us through every season of our life; to lead and guide us, to advise and instruct us, to comfort and give us peace, as He turns our sorrow into joy. Seasons may come and seasons may go and God's plan will surely show, because His Word remains the same forever and ever. 
I pray you enjoy this new season in your life and no matter what comes your way; I pray you learn to dance in the rain, to rejoice in good times and bad; and to be happy and enjoy your life, one day at a time, one season at a time!  God loves you and so do I~~

No comments:

Post a Comment