Thursday, April 27, 2017

We Are Never Alone; He Walks Beside Us

Couldn't seem to get a clear focus on things this morning so I took off walking around our complex, just talking with God and as I poured out my concerns, I began to smell the wonderful aroma of the honeysuckles in bloom following the rain. Such a beautiful aroma indeed! God has created all things for our good, and the smell of honeysuckles is certainly good for my senses.
As my mind began to clear and I regained my focus, I began hearing words from a song I'd heard by the Crabb Family 'Through the fire' that just kept rising up from within me, giving such reassurance and hope that I'd like to share them so you can be strengthened too:
"So many times I've questioned certain circumstances and things I could not understand; many times in trials weakness blurs my vision, that's when frustration gets so out of hand; It's then I am reminded, I've never been forsaken; I've never had to stand one test alone; and when I look at all the victories, the Spirit rises up in me, that it's through the fire my weakness is made strong!
I know within myself that I would surely perish, but if I trust the hand of God, He'll shield the flame again, again; He never promised that the cross would not get heavy, and the hill would not be hard to climb; He never offered victories without fighting, but He said help would always come in time. Just remember when you're standing in the valley of decision and the adversary says give in, Just Hold On, Our Lord will show up! and He will take you through the fire again!"
And truly Our Lord never forsakes us, He always shows up at just the right time! He continues to work within us all that is needed to bring us to that extension of His grace He can use to touch others' lives. Even in our darkest hour, even when we feel our weakest, God is there to strengthen and keep us in His perfect peace through it all!
I pray you can feel His presence walking beside you; feel His grace working within you; and sense His peace comforting you throughout your day; because God truly loves you and so do I~~~





No comments:

Post a Comment