Sunday, October 23, 2016

Hovering Over Darkness

It's very early in the morning here around 5'ish and as I notice darkness upon us, I'm reminded of the great creation as darkness covered the deep and nothing had yet been created but the Spirit of God was hovering over the deep(Gen 1:2 NKJV) "The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters"..... and I wonder.....
The Spirit hovering over the darkness....I can just feel His anticipation that something was about to happen), and it reminds me of us being covered in the darkness of our sins and how the Spirit of God hovered over us; how He must have been so eager: waiting, lingering close at hand, anticipating the very moment we finally realize His presence and allow Him to bring forth light in the midst of our darkness, and how excited He must have been when we finally saw His light!
He loves us so much and I just cannot imagine living my life without Him in it! To feel His presence caring for me. What an incredible measureless blessing to know Him and to know He works all things for my good, performing incredible works needed within my life to make me the best I can be; how He encourages me, empowers me, teaches me, and comforts me, bringing such wonderful peace to my heart and soul with full assurance that I am never alone! He sticks better than super glue--closer than any other; and there is absolutely nothing that we can do to make Him love us any more or to love us any less because He is God and God is LOVE!
While darkness may occasionally attempt to keep us from seeing clearly and diminish our view, Holy Spirit is right there shining His light within us. I am confident that we could walk through life with our eyes closed and trust that He will never fail us or let us fall as our minds are stayed upon Him because God is forever faithful.
So today, I pray you will allow Him to shine forth His light in the midst of any darkness along your way so you can enjoy this beautiful day God has created just for you. He is hovering close by and anxiously waiting to meet your needs today. I pray you have a wonderfully blessed day, dear friend, because God loves you and so do I~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment