Sunday, March 6, 2016

Make time to Communicate

I was awakened this morning feeling such peace that it brought a smile to my face and loving warmth to my soul. I knew I was not alone and the presence of Holy Spirit was with me. For whatever reason, I was reminded of an old saying,"the early bird gets the worm," and then I thought, 'Well, the early riser gets The Word'.  And again I smiled as I climbed out of bed. What assurance that walking the right pathway would bring such joy to my soul and again I smiled! What amazing joy to feel the presence of Almighty God and to feel His love wrapping around me as He whispers, "You are mine, and I am Yours."  
Dear Lord, in all I do, I choose to worship You! What peace You bring, what joy You give.....what loving warmth to commune with Him so early in the morning, and it's true-the early riser does find the Word! In John 1:1-5, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God! The same was in the beginning with God! All things were made by Him; and without Him was not anything made that was made! In Him was life; and the life was the light of men; and the light shineth in darkness and the darkness comprehended it not."  Isn't it amazing that Jesus, the Son of God, the very Creator of all Heaven and Earth, walked among His creation and no one could recognize Him for Who He Truly Was. Were they like us? So involved in their own life and daily cares that they could only see the natural, and not see the spiritual light walking with them. Why do we fail to feel Him walking beside us? or to know Holy Spirit working within us? It's a conditioning thing! Like getting into shape! Getting into shape is the 'thing' right now and many are reprogramming their lives as they fit exercise programs and nutritional aspects of 'getting healthy', into their daily routines, but where does their spiritual enlightenment come into play? It's not the outer self that God looks at, but the inner man, so how do we reprogram our self spiritually? Through making appointments with God and by fitting Him into our busy schedules, as well!  Start by scheduling time to spend with the author and finisher of our faith, Jesus Christ! I challenge you to try this: set your clock at least 15-30 minutes earlier than normal(like you would if you had something urgent to do), get a cup of coffee or your morning drink, pull out an empty chair and invite Him to join you, open your Bible and begin your morning devotion and relax while you enjoy your coffee and fellowship together; allowing time to really listen as He communes with you. You may have to practice this for a while before you begin to feel His presence, but if done in sincerity, He will accept your invitation and your life will never be the same.......everything worth having is worth doing right!  So let's begin to show the Lord how important He is to us by allowing time out of each day He gives, to communicate with Him; openly and with loving admiration for all He has done in our lives. Be blessed, dear friends. God loves you and so do I~~~ 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your post God Bless you on this new journey of reaching others for Christ

    ReplyDelete