Monday, March 21, 2016

Peace

"When Peace like a river attendeth my way, when sorrows like sea billows roll; Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say, It is well, It is well with my soul!" Truly God continues to teach us that through Him, there is peace in the midst of life's storms. As we encounter trying times and storms of life come against us; we can become fearful, troubled, with anxiety flooding our mind, or we can call on our Creator, our Heavenly Father, who waits patiently to calm our fears, soothe our doubt, and comfort our sorrow. What peace....What calm assurance....What comfort....What amazing love is ours; feeling His loving arms wrap around us, securing us in Him as life's storm passes by. Jesus said, "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” (Mt 11:28-30 NIV).
This morning my precious niece, Jennifer, will make her final fight to maintain life on earth, and just the knowing they will be doing a final wean off the ventilator leaves my heart heavy, yet my burden is light, knowing God has this all covered in the palms of His hands and in His perfect plans. There is nothing like the peace of God to comfort in times like these! As the lyrics to this great old song goes "In times like these, you need a Savior. In times like these, you need an anchor; Be very sure, be very sure, your anchor holds and grips the solid Rock! This Rock is Jesus! Yes He's the one! This Rock is Jesus, The Only One! Be very sure, be very sure, your anchor holds and grips the solid Rock!" I am eternally thankful my anchor holds! Thank you Jesus for your abiding Love and Amazing Grace! Have a blessed day, dear friends. God loves you and so do I~~~god's

1 comment:

  1. AMEIN and still praying JESUS TAKE THE WHEEL. LOVE YOU

    ReplyDelete