Friday, January 6, 2017

Freedom in being REDEEMED

Awakened early this morning with this song 'Redeemed', by 'Big Daddy Weave' running over and over in my mind bringing such reassuring warmth to my soul that I want to share with you this morning in hopes that it may also bring you to the awareness that only in Christ Jesus can we find the power that sets us free from our past and break those bonds that hold us captive!
"Seems like all I could see was the struggle, Haunted by ghosts that lived in my past; Bound up in shackles of all my failures; Wondering how long is this gonna last; Then YOU look at this prisoner and say to me "son, stop fighting a fight that's already been won! " I am redeemed, You set me free, So I'll shake off these heavy chains, Wipe away every stain; now I'm not who I used to be, I am redeemed, I'm redeemed! All my life I have been called unworthy; Named by the voice of my shame and regret; but when I hear You whisper, "Child lift up your head"; I remember oh God, You're not done with me yet; I am redeemed, you set me free, so I'll shake off these heavy chains, wipe away every stain, now I'm not who I use to be, because I don't have to be the old man inside of me; 'Cause his day is long dead and gone; because I've got a new name, a new life, I'm not the same, And a hope that will carry me home; I am redeemed, You set me free, So I'll shake off these heavy chains, Wipe away every stain; cause I'm not who I used to be, I am redeemed, You set me free; so I'll shake off these heavy chains, wipe away every stain, now I'm not who I use to be, Oh God I'm not who I used to be; Jesus I'm not who I used to be 'Cause I am redeemed, Thank God, redeemed!"
Being Redeemed is more than knowing we have been forgiven! It's the knowing within our heart, soul and mind that we have been called out of darkness into His Light; in to a new found Freedom! No longer bound by past habits or addictions, no longer shackled by grief and despair, no longer bound by past hurts or abuse, but in Christ Jesus, able to shake off those chains once and for all time sake; and feeling that new found freedom burning deep within able to share that Hope with others so they can find freedom and be redeemed as well.
I pray that as you go through your day, you will be reminded of the power in Jesus' name and in His freedom be all you can be in this present world as you stand, Redeemed!
Be blessed dear friends, God loves you and so do I~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment