Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Keeping An Open Door For A Closer Relationship

I laid in bed this morning a little longer than usual and found myself just communicating with the Lord and discussing things in a very casual way. Not out of need or want, not out of desperation, but just enjoying a close relationship with Him, my soul-mate, Lover of my soul; who never leaves or forsakes me and has me engraved in the palm of His hands. What a joy to feel His presence so early in the morning, taking time to just be with Him before the cares of the day move in. I never want to be in such a hurry that I can't enjoy Him; my strength, my shield, my joy, my peace; my all in all. 
I wonder how often prayers are hindered for lack of a relationship with Him. How often do we kneel in prayer, offer up our needs or requests, and then close out our prayer with a simple Amen before allowing Him time to communicate back with us. Do we not understand God longs for a close relationship with us; to walk and talk with us as well as listen to us, as we unload our burdens before Him Who already knows them before we ask. He wants to spend time with us; to comfort us and to reassure us that He is always with us, working within us and all we have to do is trust Him to perform the work necessary to meet those needs for our good.
Remember the time you went to God in prayer and afterwards felt no better than before but in your hurried pace, you got up and left anyway! Could it be you didn't leave time for Him to talk back to you?

I certainly do, but thank God, perseverance drove me to realize that although I was praying to God about my needs, I wasn't taking time to listen to Him. Why do we cheat ourselves and deny ourselves the privilege of forming a close relationship with God? What is life without God in it? 
Relationships are built on open communication one to another; not just one person doing all the talking but where two people take time to truly listen to one another. We choose how we address situations in our lives and whether to open doors of communication or close them. So, if an open door with true communication forms closer relationships, what kind of relationship do you want in your life with God? A closed relationship with you doing all the talking in prayer- or an open door where you can go to God in prayer and He meets you there? Why not take time to form that close relationship with your Heavenly Father who desires a close relationship with you, His loving child, that He loves so very much and so unconditionally! 
I pray as you think on these things, you choose wisely and enjoy this wonderfully blessed day He created! God loves you and so do I~~

No comments:

Post a Comment