Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Overwhelming Peace Like None Other

"Far away in the depths of my spirit tonight, Rolls a melody sweeter than psalm; In celestial strains it unceasingly falls, O’er my soul like an infinite calm. What a treasure I have in this wonderful peace, Buried deep in the heart of my soul, So secure that no power can mine it away, While the years of eternity roll! I am resting tonight in this wonderful peace, Resting sweetly in Jesus’ control; For I’m kept from all danger by night and by day, And His glory is flooding my soul! Peace, peace, wonderful peace, Coming down from the Father above! Sweep over my spirit forever, I pray. In fathomless billows of love!"
I love this old hymn. What a blessing to know the peace of God that surpasses all understanding. Peace that floods over your soul bringing calm assurance all is well; knowing beyond a shadow of doubt that God is in control; that with our minds totally surrendered to His plan in our lives, whatever may come our way, God already has it covered in His nail-scarred hands; already conquered everything necessary for our peace of mind through His loving grace. The Love of God is truly greater than any tongue or pen can ever tell; goes beyond the highest star, and reaches to the lowest hell. When we become all bowed down with cares of this life, all we have to do is call upon God and He is right there; instilling peace and love as He cradles us in His comforting arms. There is no peace like the peace of God; no love like the love of God; and with outstretched arms He readily welcomes us to come and rest in Him. May you feel His love and relax in His peace, dear friends. God loves you and so do I~~

No comments:

Post a Comment