Monday, May 1, 2017

Have You Discovered Your Pearl Along Life's Pathway?

Thinking on the beauty of a pearl and how it's creation derives from such a rare occasion. A pearl is widely admired, and a very coveted and costly gem which begins its life inside an oyster’s shell minding its own business when suddenly an intruder, an uninvited guest such as a grain of sand or a bit of floating debris, slips in between the oyster's 'protective shell'. Now in order to protect itself from irritations, the oyster quickly begins to cover this intruder, this uninvited visitor with layers of nacre; layer upon layer of nacre(also known as mother-of-pearl) and continues to coat the uninvited visitor until it is smothered, dying out to self(to its own properties),and over time this covering of nacre produces a beautiful gem. This once uninvited, unwanted quest has now brought forth this beautiful iridescent gem; the pearl.
I have often referred to my “path of widowhood” as an intruder; an uninvited and unwanted intrusion into my life. I noticed that as I walked forward on this pathway, how easy it was to focus on the heartbreak and the many irritations widowhood had placed upon my life. Feeling destitute and alone, devastated with doubt and despair overshadowing my days and nights; How could anyone take this intrusion of grief and produce anything beautiful from it? How could anyone make sense of my walking alone through life when I had loved walking hand in hand with the love of my life? 
But just as the irritation into that oyster's shell produced that beautiful pearl, I have come to realize that God's hand covering over my grief-stricken years, time and time again(layer upon layer), was causing my pearl to be formed. Only in Christ Jesus, was I able to find the strength needed to bear the grief and hardships each new day of widowhood brought upon my life. Only in Him could I bear the daily irritants that were seeking to control my heart and mind; but it was also in these uninvited, unwanted irritants that I was able to become something as precious as God's pearl.
When time came for Jesus to leave His followers and return to Heaven, He knew they would need another comforter to walk alongside them, so He sent Holy Spirit as He'd promised, to comfort and guide those who seek to follow His ways. Romans 8:28 tells us "And we know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose," 
No matter what life deals us; good or bad, happy or sad; God takes whatever is dealt and begins to shape us into the person He desires us to be for His glory sake. He desires that each of us become victorious witnesses of His purpose, as He begins to exchange "beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, and the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness" as declared in Isaiah 61:3. The very things we wish had never happened and could be removed from our lives, are the very things God uses to shape and mold us into a priceless gem for His glory sake.
It has taken some time; really more time than I like to admit; to get me above and beyond my own selfish desires, but in the midst of all the pain and ugliness of this grievous journey, He has tenderly shown me how He can use the irritants of my life and form a pearl that can be used for His glory. No longer am I like the oyster enclosed within its own shell; being irritated by particles of life washing in and out; no longer do I try to cover and mask the uninvited grief so others can't see my sorrow; but now, under God's protective hand and watchful eye He is showing me how He can take the bad, along with the good and mold me into an Iridescent Pearl, safe and secure and thriving in His love. He has taken my grief and turned it into joy; taken each irritant and covered it quickly with His layers of protection, and re-designed my life into something more precious than I could ever imagine. He has taken my uninvited, unwanted irritant of widowhood and turned it into a very costly and priceless gem; God's Pearl.
Life is an ever changing journey with many unwanted intrusions and uninvited irritants along our pathway, but whatever your intrusion, I pray you will trust your Creator and allow Him to change it into His gem so you can discover your pearl and be able to shine for His glory sake. Have a wonderfully blessed day, dear friend. God loves you and so do I~~

No comments:

Post a Comment