Friday, May 5, 2017

You Raise Me Up To More Than I Could Be

"When I am down and, oh, my soul so weary; When troubles come and my heart burdened be. Then I am still and wait here in the silence; Until you come and sit awhile with me. You raise me up so I can stand on mountains; You raise me up to walk on stormy seas; I am strong when I am on your shoulders; You raise me up to more than I can be. There is no life, no life without it's hunger; Each restless heart beats so imperfectly; But then you come and I am filled with wonder; Sometimes I think I glimpse eternity. You raise me up so I can stand on mountains; You raise me up to walk on stormy seas; I am strong when I am on your shoulders; You raise me up to more than I can be." Beautiful lyrics by Brendan Graham!
Words of praise to Father God from one who walked through stormy seas with God as their strength. I love when we realize that strength comes when we are on the Father's shoulders; as a little child, safe and secure! Such an awesome picture of that childlike trust Jesus talks about in Matthew 18:2-4. When we become as that little child before God our Father, He is quickly steps up to the plate and becomes All we need Him to be; and its that childlike dependence that keeps us humble before Him. It's in His strength that we are made over-comers, as He empowers us to walk through storms, knowing our Daddy God(Abba) is right there alongside us, holding our hand. That is knowing Whose we are!
No one on earth is perfect! Everyone goes through trials, everyone has mess ups, and everyone makes mistakes. That's just us being human. But without those tests, where is our testimony? Without a mess, where is our message? It's in our weaknesses that our faith is made strong; and it's in our tests and mess ups that we are made more and more aware of just who we are, and what we can be in Christ Jesus! As He raises us up, we become able to walk on those stormy seas; knowing our Father is with us. Becoming childlike allows us to trust totally in His ability, not ours; and it is in Christ Jesus and Him alone, that we become Strong! We become Victorious! We become Sons and Daughters of the Most High God!
No matter what your storm of life may be right now; just know that God desires to walk alongside you. He longs to raise you up to be more than you could ever dare to be! If only you ask! I pray you have a wonderfully blessed day, dear friend. God loves you and so do I~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment