Thursday, May 11, 2017

Where Is Your Guiding Light In The Midst of The Storm

     "There's a lighthouse on the hillside that overlooks life's sea; When I'm tossed it sends out a light, 'tis a light that I might see; and the light that shines in darkness now, will safely lead us o'er; if it wasn't for the lighthouse my ship would be no more. Everybody that lives around us says, "tear that lighthouse down, the big ships don't sail this way anymore, there's no use of it standing around" Then my mind goes back to that stormy night, when just in time I saw the light; yes the light from that old lighthouse that stands up there on the hill; and I thank God for the lighthouse, I owe my life to Him; For Jesus is the lighthouse and from the rocks of sin, He has shone a light around me that I could clearly see; If it wasn't for the lighthouse, tell me where would this ship me?"
     And oh, how I thank God for that Lighthouse! That Light that shined far out into that stormy night, over the bashing waves of gloom and despair, penetrating the darkness that had surrounded me; when through the darkness, I saw the Light that guided me safely into those outstretched hands of Jesus Christ.
     "I had journeyed through the long dark night out on the open sea; by faith alone, sight unknown; and yet His eyes were watching me. I've had visions and I've had dreams; I've even held them in my hands; But I never knew they could slip right through, like they were only grains of sand. I have been young but I'm older now; and there has been beauty these eyes have seen; but it was in the night, through the storms of my life, that's where God proved His love for me. The anchor holds tho' the ship is battered; the anchor holds tho' the sails are torn; I have fallen on my knees as I face the raging seas, and the anchor holds in spite of the storm!"
     And today that anchor still holds; and that Light still shines out into the darkness of a sinful, lost, and dying world! It shines so we never have to walk alone in darkness, because Jesus is the Light of the World, and whoever
believes in Him will never have to abide in darkness. Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life, and no man comes to the Father but through Him, Jesus Christ.(paraphrased vs.John 8:12, 12:46, and 14:6). It doesn't matter how tattered or worn our sails may be, His Guiding Light will still lead us safely home. There is no need to continue struggling under the storms of this life, when the Beacon of Light is shining brightly; beckoning us to come home, to the shores of Life Everlasting and Free in Jesus Christ!
     So wherever you are in your ocean of despair, Jesus wants to guide you safely home. He wants you to reach out and take His Hand so He can anchor your soul and you will never be lost again. Jesus is the way, the truth and the life, So won't you follow His guiding Light and be anchored in Him forevermore?
Have a wonderfully blessed day! God loves you and so do I~~~




No comments:

Post a Comment