Monday, May 8, 2017

"IF YOU REALLY KNOW ME"

While sitting on my patio early this morning and listening to the beautiful sounds all around, I was drawn to a certain phrase in John 14 and took notice where Jesus was talking with the disciples who were questioning about finding the way to where He was going and wanting to know the Father when Jesus answered in v.6,7 “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. IF YOU REALLY KNOW ME, you will know my Father as well." And that leaves me with this thought:
     Do you Really know Jesus and understand that He is One with the Father? Do you really believe there are three persons in One: Father, Son, Holy Spirit?  Do you really believe that each of Them, all three in One, work together to fulfill God's perfect plan in our life? Do you really believe they will never work against the other, but Always work together in perfect unity to fulfill the Father's will and bring glory to the kingdom of God? The key answer is in the first part of v.7 ,"IF YOU REALLY KNOW ME" and these five Words are the key to Eternal LIFE.
      Jesus' disciples had walked, talked, ate, slept, witnessed miracles along side Jesus and heard Him teach; yet they didn't understand what He was teaching about when He spoke of where He was going nor about knowing the Father. Jesus seemed a bit surprised by their questions and not knowing, but He explained that when they look at Him, they see His Father; that all they see in Him and all the works they had witnessed through Him was of the Father in Him; one and both the same. Then He went on a bit further, as John notes in chapters 14-17, to explain Holy Spirit in the same manner as explaining the Father; because He saw how difficult it was for His followers to understand the Trinity Godhead at that present time.
     Even in this Present time, many have read and heard the Word, and they have believed and accepted Jesus as their Lord and Savior and actually felt the very presence of Holy Spirit alive and well deep within; but many still don't understand and continue to question the person of Holy Spirit.... and that's where we can help as followers of Christ Jesus. We can help guide them to His WORD and pray that Holy Spirit will open their hearts to His teaching so they can come to really know Him Who works within and Who empowers and enable us to be more than conquerors in this present world. It is by His power and by His might that all is accomplished; and it is all about knowing in Whom we serve and Whose we are, that GOD comes shining through; FATHER, SON, HOLY SPIRIT, The Trinity Godhead, all three in One! 
     If in doubt, I urge you to take a little time and prayerfully read Jesus teachings in the book of John 14-17 as He attempts to explain their importance to His followers(of which we are today). Allow Holy Spirit to guide you through His life changing Word and I guarantee you will never be the same again as you see how devotedly Jesus prays in John 17 that we become one with Them, even as He is. I pray you will take this opportunity to call upon Him today and allow Him to teach you into all truth through His Word that cannot lie. Holy Spirit is an amazing teacher and always available to lead us in all our ways, when only we ask. God created you and me to be part of HIS Family, and He is Lovingly waiting with arms open wide to welcome you today. He loves you like none other with a love far above humankind; a love that is totally unconditional.
     It is in Him that I am able to live and move and have my being; and I seek daily to bring glory and honor to His Holy name in all I do, in all I say, and in all I ever hope to be. I in Him and He in me, throughout all eternity. I am strong in the power of HIS might and I pray you will soon feel the same! Have a wonderfully blessed day, dear friends. God loves you, and so do  I~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment