Monday, April 4, 2016

His Gift Today

Good morning, dear friends. Today is a brand new day filled with fresh mercies from our Father above; giving us golden opportunities to take today's gift and turn it into a blessing for those around us. Every moment in our life carries infinite possibilities; just waiting to be discovered. What we do with God's gift of today is totally up to us. We can choose to make it good and profitable for the kingdom of God, or we can waste it with undue stress over things of life we cannot change. St. Francis of Assisi prayed, "God grant me the serenity, To accept the things I cannot change; Courage to change the things I can; And wisdom to know the difference. Trying to live one day at a time; Enjoying one moment at a time; Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace; Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it; Trusting that God will make all things right If I surrender to His Will; So that I may be reasonably happy in this life And supremely happy with Him, Forever and ever in the next. Amen." 
Wisdom to know the difference between what we can change in life versus what we cannot, is the key to living a successful joy-filled life and it doesn't come easily. Through many years of struggling with the "what if's" and the 'should I's", and trying to "fix every thing", with feelings of exhaustion and finally desiring to be free from "me", and my total surrender to God's will in my life; has brought me true happiness and joy unspeakable. I can honestly say that I am so very happy in my life, and even more abundantly happy knowing Holy Spirit walks beside me, lives inside me, and guides me every second, of every minute, of every hour, of every day; and with every breath I take; throughout this life; if anything needs fixed.... He is the Power! 
Now, Instead of worrying over circumstances that may arise, I take that burden to the Lord and let Him handle it.(Mt 11:28,29). I know that it's God's will that I have life, and have it more abundantly as declared in John 10:10; and I know that He has predestined me for good things as He declares in Jeremiah 29:11; and I know that I serve a mighty God who loves me so much that He laid down His life to purchase my pardon from sin(John 3:16) and even made me joint-heirs with Him to the Father!(Romans 8:16-18) Now Friend, It just doesn't get any better than that!!!  And what He did for me, He has done the same for you, because He is not a respecter of persons. Even tho I had not met Him, He knew that I would need someone to atone for all my sins; so He submitted to His Father's will and to all that torture, all that pain, all that disgrace; even to death on the cross; because I was on His mind.....and so were you!  Such love is a rare, unique, and precious find; and a love I have come to treasure!  Knowing that He is with me forever; that He wants only what is best for me; and that He continues to work within me to bring me to that stature of being all He predestined me to be; just makes me wanna shout with joy!; because, not only do I believe in Him, but He also believes in me and knows that I can do ALL things through Him! The potential to make each day all it can be for His glory is in the power of Holy Spirit within each of us as we surrender to His will in our lives!
So, dear friends, no matter what may come your way today; Trust God to break through any barriers that may arise. Trust God to lead you along your way; to open those doors no man can open, and if needed, to close those doors that are a hindrance; so He can keep us on His divine pathway of righteousness for His name sake. We only have one life to live on earth, and it will soon be past; and only what's done for Christ Jesus will last. So let's lay up our treasures in Heaven that last forever as Jesus tells us in Mt 6:19-21. Let's fill our hearts with His divine Love and be all we can be for His glory! Let's allow our life to be a reflection of His light and lead others to Christ Jesus in word and deed, and Let's be all we can be for His kingdom sake! Have a wonderfully blessed day, dear friends. God loves you and so do I~~~

2 comments:

  1. AMEIN love your post. Love you my friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless you Gail, and I Love you too. Thanks for all your prayerful support.

    ReplyDelete