Friday, March 24, 2017

Can You Hear The Shepherd Calling Out Your Name?

I love how Holy Spirit refreshes our minds with songs of praise and words to constantly remind us of the love of God and His faithfulness. I have this song running through my mind and it is so refreshing that I just have to share it with you today, and you're welcome to sing along as the Spirit leads: 
"Great is Thy faithfulness, O God my Father; There is no shadow of turning with Thee; Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not;  As Thou hast been, Thou forever will be. Summer and winter and springtime and harvest; Sun, moon and stars in their courses above; Join with all nature in manifold witness; To Thy great faithfulness, mercy and love. Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth; Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide; Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow, Blessings all mine with ten thousand beside. Great is Thy faithfulness; Great is Thy faithfulness; Morning by morning new mercies I see; All I have needed Thy hand hath provided; Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me."
Lamentations 3:22-23 tells us,"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; His mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." 
Time after time, I have proven God's faithfulness and always found Him to be true!  Always faithful.... Always present.... Always on time.... He changes not! "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever."(Heb 13:8). I may not always agree with His answers--or with His timing, but I know His ways and timings are always perfect and I have learned to trust Him; knowing that He has a perfect plan for me and only wants what is best for me as noted in Jeremiah 29:11,"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." 
So as I am learning to be more submissive to God's will and spend more time getting to know Him, I am finding this to be 'a good thing'-- a really good thing; because it's bringing me into a much closer relationship with Him and the ability to hear Him more clearly. It is so reassuring to be able to hear Him as He guides me in all my ways and directs my path. John 10: 27,28 tells us,"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me; and I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand." 
I want to hear my Shepherd's voice clearly, and be able to follow Him in every phase of this life into eternal life; and just as the Word tells us that His sheep hear the voice of their shepherd, I want to be so submissive to Him, and so in touch with Him, that I can even hear Him whisper my name! How about you, dear friend? Think about it..................
God loves you and so do I~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment